May 4-8, 2016
Thursday – Monday
Where can you enjoy the Beale Street Music Festival, Mississippi Blues Museums and Casino Hopping all in one place?
Memphis in May!
Beale Street Music Festival
Beale Street Music Festival
The highlight of Memphis in May is the festival
Memphis in May hosts the city’s largest events like the Beale Street Music Festival and the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest. Memphis in May also produces extensive education, international, and economic programs for the city.
Find yourself in the crowd at #BSMF17 and get ready for the biggest party in Memphis. Bring your crew and they,ll bring the music.
Memphis in May International Festival is more than its events. It’s also a 501-C(3) not-for-profit, community-based organization that contributes to the economic growth of the community, fosters civic pride, promotes awareness of Memphis heritage and builds international relationships.
Tupelo Visitors Guide
“Your unforgettable journey…whether you’re a die-hard blues fan or a casual traveler in search of an interesting trip, find your Groove in the Mississippi Delta – where the music meets the soul.”
A perfect addition to the Memphis in May Festival is a visit to some of the Mississippi Delta's renowned blues museums:
- Stax’s legacy is inextricably tied to Memphis, and more specifically, to Soulsville, the neighborhood where the studio was located. Soulsville is arguably one of the most talent-packed neighborhoods in the world: Aretha Franklin, Memphis Slim, Memphis Minnie and Booker T. Jones all called the neighborhood home, and the neighborhood’s two recording studios – Stax and Royal (home of Hi Records) – produced some of the most beloved music of the last century.
- From the cotton fields, street corners and juke joints of the Mississippi Delta came a new kind of music – the blues. Considered by many to be the only truly indigenous American music, this form that has influenced musicians worldwide is deeply rooted in Delta soil. And so is the man who helped spread the blues as its foremost ambassador… Riley B.B. King.
- See the story of the blues come to life in all its tormented and anguished glory. You’ll experience interactive exhibits, artwork and more — including a recording studio where you’ll learn the basics of blues music with a chance to record your very own blues song. This must-see attraction for all music lovers, will tell the remarkable story of how The Blues was born and the role Tunica played in building the genre’s legacy.
- Clarksdale, Mississippi has long been described as “Ground Zero” for blues aficionados from around the globe. It all started here. That’s why Ground Zero Blues Club® was created — to celebrate the area’s rich blues heritage and to provide a forum in which it can continue.
Whats Memphis in May without some Tunica casino hopping?
- Resorts Casino Tunica
- Fitzgeralds Casino Tunica
T.B.A – From 87th & Dan RyanDepart Chicago
T.B.A – Effingham, IL30 Minute Rest Stop
T.B.AArrive at Resorts Casino
T.B.A – Check-in to Casino Hotel (662-363-5825)Check-In Casino Hotel
5:30 PM – Depart for the King Biscuit Blues Festival in Helena, AR (bring jacket, chair and umbrella) Purchase Tickets at the gate: Prices to be announced King Biscuit Festival Line UpDepart Casino Hotel
10:30 PM – Depart Helena, AR return to Casino HotelDepart Helena, AR
Depart hotel for Roadhouse Casino. You will receive $10 free play and a lunch buffet ticket for Horseshoe or $15 coupon for Roadhouse Casino DinnerDepart Casino Hotel
4:30 PM – Depart Roadhouse Casino for Isle of Capri – Lula, MS. You will receive a dinner buffet.Depart Roadhouse Casino
9:30 PM – Depart Isle of Capri Casino, Lula, MS for Casino Hotel.Depart Isle of Capri Casino
11:30 AM – Depart for Gold Strike Casino. You will receive $5.00 free play and a $10 food coupon towards a lunch buffet. Feel free to visit the other casinos in the area as well.Depart Casino Hotel
6:00 PM – Return to Casino Hotel.Depart Gold Strike Casino
10:00 AM – Have your baggage ready to be picked up. Please check your room for any missed items.Baggage Pickup
11:00 AM – Check-out of your hotel room and board the busCheck-Out of Casino Hotel
11:30 AM – Depart for Beale Street in Memphis, TNDepart Casino Hotel
12:30 -1:30 PM – Sightseeing on Beale Street on your own.Sightseeing on Beale Street
4:30 PM – Boomland in Charleston, MO1 Hour Rest Stop
8:30 PM – Effingham, IL30 Minute Rest Stop
11:30 PM – 87th & Dan Ryan – South side ReturnArrive 87th & Dan Ryan
12:00 AM – Central & Harrison – West Side ReturnArrive Central & Harrison
- Round Trip Deluxe Transportation
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodations at Resorts Casino Hotel
- 3 Buffet Meals
- $30 in Free Slot Play
- Visit Gold Strike, Horseshoe, Sheraton, Sam’s Town, Isle of Capri
- Transportation to Blues Fest in Arkansas
- Sightseeing in Memphis, TN – including Beale Street
Resorts Casino Hotel
Stay at one of the only casinos that can offer you a room with a view of the magnificent Mississippi! Sink into the comfort of a Serta pillow top mattress and take a break from the casino excitement. Enjoy your room which includes comfortable pillow top mattresses, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and coffee maker. Also enjoy the exercise facility and the hotel’s indoor pool and jacuzzi.
No PayPal account required. Just click “Don’t have a PayPal account” and use the secure PayPal credit card payment option, without having to log in to a PayPal account.
Register Securely OnlineReserve Your Space
- Name of Tour
- Your Name
- Phone #
- Address, City, State and Zip
- Roommates name
- Roommates Phone #
- Your Date of Birth
- Smoking Room? Yes or No
- Handicapped Room? Yes or No
|For On the Bus Bring||For the Blues Fest Bring|
|Light Jacket||Light Jacket|
|Reading Material||Walking Shoes|